Job Title – Cardiothoracic Surgery Physician Assistant
Location – Boston, MA
Cardiothoracic Surgery Physician Assistant
Cardiothoracic Surgery Physician Assistant Boston Massachusetts
Seeking an experienced Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join established PA and NP team cardiothoracic team.
- Department consists of four physicians and 8 advanced care providers.
- Currently perform 800 surgeries and see approximately 2,000 outpatients annually.
- Cardiac includes: aortic reconstruction, CABG, valves, TAVR/TEVAR, esophagus and thoracic
- The available position (s) are 1) non- operative (floor, ICU) and, 2) operative responsibilities include endoscopic vein harvesting and first assisting all surgical procedures
- Additional responsibilities: preoperative patient evaluation, ICU and floor care, central line placement, chest tube placement and management in the outpatient setting.
- Qualified candidates will have at least two years of experience with cardiothoracic surgical services or in a surgical ICU.
- Prior first assistant experience, including strong endoscopic vein harvesting skills, is required.
- Established and experienced PA and NP team with no associated residency program.
- Successful candidates must be proficient in all aspects of first assisting for major cardiac surgical procedures, endoscopic and open vein harvesting, radial artery harvesting, post-operative patient management and have proven leadership skills and/or experience with a high volume CT surgery program.
Shift: Variable 3 or 4 days per week, Full time.
Must be licensed or eligible for licensure in Massachusetts and be certified as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants. or ANCC certified Must demonstrate and maintain credentialing and licensing requirements and completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Program.
Cardiothoracic Surgery Physician Assistant Boston, MA